Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Quax is back!!!

Wow!  It has been so long since I posted anything.  It is not due to lack of travel.   I have had quite a few health issues in the last few years, and a lot of changes in my life. Both of which have kept me pretty busy and a little preoccupied with other things.  So I have just finished posting my trip from 2008.  I do not know how to order it back so it is filed under 2015.



 In 2008 I traveled around Mexico including a visit to the university in Cuernavaca, where I took my DELE exams in Spanish. It was a wonderful trip, but in 2009, before I could publish anything, I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a major operation on my lower spine to remove a tumor, I went through a tough chemo therapy, and then recovered.  The doctors told me thqt I was to 99% healed. I then in 2010, returned to Peru with my youngest daughter and had a wonderful trip revisiting the sites I had seen before, but also some new ones.  While waiting for my daughter, I met the love of my life.  She visited me in Germany in the fall of 2011.  Since then I have been back to Peru twice. Once to pick up my wife to be, and this winter, to visit family.  In February of 2012 the cancer returned,  My soon to be wife was 8 months pregnant, and I was worried to death that my son to be born, would grow up without a father like I did. My son was born, and I went to hospital for high doses chemo and  stem cell therapy.  I recovered and after a visit to the states in 2013, I went into the hospital to have a lymphoma removed, instead of just the biopsy the doctors wanted to do.  It turned out to be a rare becher cell carcinoma growing through my appendix.  The treatment was to re-operate and remove half of my large intestine and everything around the tumor. Again I have recovered and am doing well.  I just finished splitting 30 cubic meters of firewood,  and I think a lot of youngsters would have trouble keeping up.  I have always been physically fit (sub 2:30 marathons) and to anyone who has similar problems I can only suggest “keep on training” it helps a lot.

As you can see I had a few things on my mind other than  blogging.  My now 3 year old son also keeps me busy.  He is amazing, and is growing up speaking 3 languages. God has always blessed me and watched over me, and I pray that he will give me a lot of time with my son.  I have soo much to tell him and show him.

I hope to find time to post blogs over my previous travels soon.  I write diaries when I travels, so it is a matter of finding the time to review them and transfer them to my blog.  I doubt I will post them in Spanish or German,  as it is very time consuming to translate everything.  But who knows. 

PS: my nickname among pilots is Quax (Germans will know why).   I don’t fly anymore and have sold my airplane, but once a pilot always a pilot.

No comments: